Beef Cattle Show
JuLY 10, 2019
6PM Youth Show / 6:30PM Open Show
Rules and Regulations:
1. All animals entered for exhibit MUST be on grounds by 4:00 p.m., EDT and entries registered.
2. Find the Health Requirements Here.
3. The Fair Board will not be responsible for any loss of animals or equipment in case of fire, theft, or any other cause.
4. Hardin County Fair is planned and conducted in accordance with the current rules and regulations of the Kentucky Department of Agriculture.
5. Youth exhibits will be judged at 6:00 p.m., show in one division and Open Beef Cattle Show will follow.
6. Animals are released following the show.
7. Youth Showmanship classes are open to any 4-H & FFA member and their project animals. All other youth classes are open to Hardin County youth only.
8. Divisions will be: Angus, Hereford and Other (other breeds will include representatives of all breeds, either purebred or percentage). A minimum of ten (10) total head in any one breed other than those listed must be entered to qualify for a separate division. Otherwise they must show in Other Breeds division.
9. Youth Show Premiums will be based on the Danish System funded by the Hardin County Fair Board. Youth Show Premiums for 2018 will be as follows: Blue - $15.00, Red - $10.00, White - $5.00.
10. Open Show Premiums will be paid on four places: 1st - $25.00, 2nd - $20.00, 3rd - $15.00, and 4th - $10.00.
11. Each exhibitor shall show no more than two animals per class in the Youth and Open Class Beef Cattle Show. If there is no competition in any class, the entry will be judged on its merits alone.
12. Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion will receive ribbons only.
13. Open classes with more than 10 head will be split.
YOUTH BEEF CATTLE CLASSES:
1. Junior Heifer Calf - calved since Jan. 1, 2019
2. Senior Heifer Calf - calved between Sept.1, 2018 and Dec. 31, 2018
3. Summer Yearling Heifer - calved between May 1, 2018 and August 31, 2018
4. Junior Yearling Heifer - calved between Jan 1, 2018 and April 30, 2018
5. Senior Yearling Heifer - calved between Sept. 1, 2017 and Dec. 31, 2017.
7. Grand Champion Heifer
8. Reserve Champion Heifer
Classes 10-18 same as 4-H Angus Classes
Youth Other 10 Breeds
Classes 20-28 same as 4-H Angus Classes
YOUTH SHOWMANSHIP CLASSES:
Youth showmanship classes will be offered and are open to 4-H & FFA Youth from other KY Counties. Youth participating must be enrolled in 4-H or FFA (except Novice youth, under 9 years of age). 4-H and FFA will show in one division class only.
Trophies will be awarded to Junior and Senior Show-manship class winners, sponsored by Hardin County Farm Bureau. Participation awards will be presented to all participants in the Novice Showmanship class, sponsored by Hardin County Farm Bureau.
Class 100 – Novice Showmanship (under 9 years of age as of Jan. 1, 2019)
Class 101 – Junior Showmanship (9 –13 year of age as of Jan. 1, 2019)
Class 102 – Senior Showmanship (14 years of age and over as of Jan. 1, 2019)
OPEN BEEF CATTLE SHOW:
Class 200 – Junior Heifer Calf – calved since Jan. 1, 2019
Class 201 – Senior Heifer Calf – calved between Sept. 1, 2018 and Dec. 31, 2018
Class 202 – Summer Yearling Heifer – calved between May 1, 2018 and August 31, 2018.
Class 203 – Junior Yearling Heifer – calved between Jan 1, 2018 and April 30, 2018.
Class 204 – Senior Yearling Heifer – calved between Sept. 1, 2017 and Dec. 31, 2017.
Class 205 – Cow – Calf
Class 206 - Grand Champion Heifer
Class 207 – Reserve Grand Champion Heifer
Class 208 – Junior Bull - calved since Jan. 1, 2019
Class 209 – Senior Bull - calved between Sept. 1, 2018 and Dec. 31, 2018
Class 210 – Summer Yearling Bull - calved between May 1, 2018 and August 31, 2018
Class 211 – Junior Yearling Bull - calved between Jan 1, 2018 and April 30, 2018
Class 212 – Senior Yearling Bull - calved between Sept. 1, 2017 and Dec. 31, 2017
Class 213 – Two year old bull - calved between March 1, 2017 and August 31, 2017
Class 214 – Grand Champion Bull
Class 215 – Reserve Grand Champion Bull
Class 300-315 same as Open Class Angus classes
Open Other Breeds
Class 400-415 same as Open Class Angus classes
Class 800 – 803 - Steers must be weighed upon arrival at the fairgrounds to see which class they are entered in. 1st - $25.00, 2nd - $20.00, 3rd - $15.00, and 4th - $10.00.
Class 800 – Light Weight
Class 801 – Heavy Weight
Class 802 – Grand Champion
Class 803 – Reserve Champion
Class 810 – Supreme Champion Heifer - $50 & Banner
Class 811 – Supreme Champion Bull - $50 & Banner
Dairy Cattle Show
July 11, 2019
6PM YOUTH SHOW / 6:30PM OPEN SHOW
Rules and Regulations:
1. All animals entered for exhibit must be on grounds by 6:00 PM, EDT, Thursday, July 11, 2019 and entered prior to show.
2. The Fair Board will not be responsible for any loss of animals or equipment in case of fire, theft, or any other cause.
3. Hardin County Fair is planned and conducted in accordance with the current rules and regulations of the State Department of Agriculture.
4. 4-H and FFA exhibits will be judged at 6:00 PM, EDT and Open Show will follow Youth Show.
5. Youth dairy showmanship classes are for 4-H and FFA project members with project animals.
6. Cattle will not be released until entire show is completed, exhibitors violating this rule will forfeit premiums.
Junior Supreme Champion Trophy & $50 Sponsored By Pat Elmore and Family
ARYSHIRE, BROWN SWISS, GUERNSEY, HOLSTEIN, JERSEY (4-H Class - FFA Class)
Class 1. Heifer, Jr. Calf
Class 2. Heifer, Fall Sr. Calf
Class 3. Heifer, Sr. Calf
Class 4. Summer Yearling
Class 5. Heifer, Jr. Yearling
Class 6. Intermediate Yearling
Class 7. Heifer, Sr. Yearling - NOT IN MILK
JR. CHAMPION FEMALE
Class 8. Cow, 2 years old (calved between 9/1/15 - 8/31/16)
Class 9. Cow, 3 years old (calved between 9/1/14 - 8/31/15)
Class 10. Cow, 4 years old (calved between 9/1/13 - 8/31/12)
Class 11. Cow, 5 years old (calved before 9/1/13)
SR. CHAMPION FEMALE
Class 12. Grand Champion Female
Class 13. Reserve Champion Female
YOUTH SHOWMANSHIP CLASS
Youth Showmanship classes will be offered. Youth participating must be enrolled in 4-H or FFA and be from Hardin County. 4-H and FFA will show in one division or class. Trophies will be awarded to Junior and Senior Showmanship Class winners, sponsored by Hardin County Farm Bureau. Participation awards will be presented to all participants in the Novice Showmanship class, sponsored by the Hardin County Dairy Association. BONUS MONEY FOR YOUTH DAIRY EXHIBITORS WILL BE PROVIDED BY THE HARDIN COUNTY DAIRY ASSOCIATION.
ARYSHIRE, BROWN SWISS, GUERNSEY, HOLSTEIN, JERSEY (Open Class) PREMIUMS - FOUR PLACES - $25, $20, $15, $10
Class 130. Heifer, Jr. Calf
Class 131. Heifer, Intermediate Calf
Class 132. Heifer, Senior Calf
Class 133. Summer Yearling
Class 134. Heifer, Jr. Yearling
Class 135. Intermediate Yearling
Class 136. Heifer, Sr. Yearling (NOT IN MILK)
JR. CHAMPION FEMALE
Class 137. Cow, 2 years old
Class 138. Cow, 3 years old
Class 139. Cow, 4 years old
Class 140. Cow, 5 years old
SR. CHAMPION FEMALE
Class 141. Grand Champion Female
Class 142. Grand Champion Female
SPECIAL DAIRY PRODUCTION CLASSES
1. Open to any dairyman on official test.
2. All breeds will be shown separately. Classes will be offered for the following breeds: Aryshire, Brown Swiss, Guernsey, Holstein, Jersey.
3. The following age classification will be shown:
Cows 3 years of age
Cows 4 years of age
Cows 5 years and older
4. Only official DHIR, DHIA, and HIR records will be accepted.
5. The exhibitor must present the official herd record book or an official copy of the production record of each entry to the show official when entering his animals.
6. Only the animal’s most recent completed actual milk record of 305 days or less may be used.
7. In case of a break in production, or if the cow has failed to freshen, records completed 18 months prior to the fair date will not be accepted.
8. Index numbers will be used for identification in offered entry book.
9. The following premiums will be paid in each class:
3 year old: 1st - $20; 2nd $15; 3rd $10
4 year old: 1st - $20; 2nd $15; 3rd $10
5 year old: 1st - $20 & older; 2nd $15; 3rd $10
Cow Pattie Bingo
July 13, 2019, 8PM
What is more fun than bingo on a Saturday night? Oh, I know! COW PATTIE Bingo at the Hardin County Fair!
For a ticket, see a Central Hardin FFA Alumni Member.